- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 15 1/2-oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 5-oz. cans chicken, drained
- 2 4-oz. cans diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 12-oz. container sour cream
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
In a large stockpot over medium heat, sauté onions in oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream and cheese.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until heated through.
Shortly before serving, add sour cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
Yield: Serves 16 to 20