- 1 cup (2 sticks)unsalted butter
- 4 heaping tablespoonscocoa powder
- 2 cupsall-purpose flour
- 2 cupssugar
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- 1/2 cupsour cream
- 1 teaspoonbaking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoonsmilk
- 4 tablespoonscocoa powder
- 1 box (16 ounces)confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1 cupchopped pecans or walnuts
- Cake: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place butter, 1 cup water and cocoa in a saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add flour, sugar and salt. Stir in sour cream, baking soda and eggs. Mix until blended; pour into prepared pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 22 minutes.
- Frosting: Place butter, milk and cocoa in a saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring until bubbly. Remove from heat; beat in sugar, vanilla and nuts. Spread on cake while still warm.