Tahini Caramel Buckwheat Balls Recipe
- 10 Medjool dates
- 2 tbs tahini
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
BUCKWHEAT CACAO COATING:
- ¼ cup buckwheat
- 30g raw cacao
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- Place the ingredients for the tahini caramel in a food processor or a high powered blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Take teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls. Place onto grease proof paper and refrigerate.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium low heat and toast the buckwheat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup into a bowl and stir until smooth. Place the toasted buckwheat into a bowl.
- Take one of the tahini caramel balls and use two teaspoons and coat with the cacao mixture. Turn the caramel ball over in the spoons until coated.
- Place in the toasted buckwheat and toss to coat and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for a few hours before placing in a container.