- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese or 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast lightly under the broiler. You barely want to toast them. I toasted mine for just one minute.
- In a medium bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts, Romano or Parmesan cheese, red onion, crushed garlic, diced tomato and mayonnaise.
- Top the lightly toasted French baguette slices with equal amounts of the artichoke heart mixture being careful to spread the mixture over the entire surface.
- The edges of the bread will tend to burn if not covered by the artichoke mixture.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven 2 minutes, or until toppings are bubbly and lightly browned.