Sweet Potato Fritters with Cashew Lime Cream Recipe
LIME CASHEW CREAM:
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in water overnight
- ¼ cup water
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ tsp salt
- 600g sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- ⅓ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves and stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs buckwheat flour
- oil for frying
- Drain the soaking liquid from the cashews and place in a high-speed blender with the water, lime zest, juice and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Decant into a small jar or bottle and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use a food processor or hand grater to grate the sweet potato. Place in a large bowl along with the ginger, cumin, coriander and salt. Remove the stem from the kaffir lime leaves and chop finely. Add to the sweet potato mixture.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add to the sweet potato mixture along with the buckwheat flour and mix until well combined.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the oil, and add spoonfuls of the mixture. Press down with a spatula and fry until the edges start to turn golden, around 3 minutes. Flip and fry until golden on the other side. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with your favourite salad leaves and a drizzle of the lime cashew cream.