Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto
- 1 8.5 oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta in salted water. Once al dente, drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, add Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto ingredients to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto and saute for 1 minute. Add shrimp and continue to saute just until shrimp are opaque. Stir in Parmesan cheese until mostly melted, then add pasta and toss to coat, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten to desired consistency (I used 3/4 cup).
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.