Southwest Flank Steak with Peach Salsa
Southwest Flank Steak:
- 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 4 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 1/2 lbs.)
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper and rub all over steak.
- Lightly coat your grill rack with cooking oil and grill steak, covered, over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side. If you don’t have a grill, you can broil your steak in the oven about 4-inches away from heat, until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients used to make the peach salsa in a small bowl and mix well. Allow flavors to marinate a bit while you cook the steak.
- Once steak is done, thinly slice across the grain and serve, topped with peach salsa. Enjoy!