Skinny Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds & membranes removed
- 4 oz. neufchatel light cream cheese, softened
- 5 medium scallions, only the green parts, sliced thin
- ½ cup low-fat sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs*
- ⅛ t. paprika
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- ⅛ t. chili powder
- salt & pepper
- oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly spray with the oil.
- Combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, bacon and scallions in a small bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
- Combine the panko & spices.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture. Dip in the egg whites. Coat with seasoned panko, and place on the greased baking sheet.
- Once all the poppers are coated, lightly spray them with the oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until they are golden brown and cheese begins to ooze out.