Simple Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 28 oz. can whole tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ cup onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, 1 teaspoon if using dried
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, 1 teaspoon if using dried
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pour tomatoes in large bowl and crush into small pieces with hands.
- Preheat large skillet to medium heat, add olive oil and butter. Add onions and cook 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.