- 2 cups tater tots (you may use precooked crowns)
- 4 green onions, white and tops chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup grated colby cheese
- salt and pepper
- top with a dollop sour cream (optional)
- top with salsa (optional)
- Place 1 Tbs. butter in a medium skillet and melt over med. heat.
- Add chopped green onion and garlic powder to butter and cook until onion is tender. Stir often to keep onion from burning.
- Once onion is softened, add the tater-tot crowns and cook until brown and crispy; turning occasionally. Crowns will start to break apart.
- While tater crowns are browning, add eggs to a large glass mixing bowl.
- Add the 2 Tbs. water to the eggs and scramble with a fork.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 Tbs. butter on medium heat.
- Pour the eggs into the large skillet and allow the bottom to start to set.
- Add salt and pepper to the egg and scramble.
- Cook eggs until they are nice and fluffy and set.
- Place a scoop of the tater-tot crown mixture on a plate and sprinkle with a little cheese, top the mixture with some of the fluffy eggs and another sprinkling of cheese.
- Top with sour cream, salsa or both if you so desire and enjoy!
Note: When making scrambled eggs, you should never mix them with milk (unless your making French toast). Milk causes the eggs to weep and be less fluffy.