Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 recipe Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 16-20 caramel pieces, such as Kraft brand, unwrapped and diced into small pieces
- Sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After you’ve made and rolled out your Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (making sure to leave about two inches between cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet), press them slightly and flatten to about half-inch thickness. Take some of the caramel pieces and press three to four into each cookie. Sprinkle with just a few pieces of sea salt, if using.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time for about 10-12 minutes, or just until the edges of the cookies are starting to brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for about one minute, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. Serve with milk and enjoy!