Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice (not instant)
- 2 cups broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch cubes). Season generously with salt and pepper. In a large pot or dutch oven (something with a lid), heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is very hot, add the chicken in a single layer and cook until the outside is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add the rice, salsa verde, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is tender. Serve and enjoy!