- 1 1/4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 bunch green onion, about 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch chunks
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- Prepare rice as label directs, without salt. (I’ve subsituted no-salt chicken broth.) Thinly slice green onions; reserve 2 tablespoons of the dark green slices for garnishing pilaf.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add onions and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season salmon with teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until opaque throughout, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat; spoon off and discard any fat, but leave salmon in skillet.
- Stir cooked rice and teriyaki sauce into skillet with salmon until well blended. To serve, garnish with dark green-onion slices.