- One 28-ounce mixed bag baby red skinned, Yukon and purple potatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 14-ounce can hearts of palm, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sliced, drained, jarred piquillo peppers
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Put the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Add 1 tablespoon of the vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and continue to boil until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and cool.
- Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar with the Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and the sugar in a small bowl. Pour in the olive oil and whisk until combined.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a large serving plate and top with the pieces of hearts of palm. Scatter the piquillo peppers over top and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with the scallion and salt and pepper to taste.