- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Remove the sausage from its casings, and cook the sausage thoroughly, crumbling it into small pieces. Drain the sausage on a paper towel and set aside. Pour off the remaining fat, then add the spinach to the pan and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Let cool, then squeeze the spinach so that excess liquid is removed.
- Place the butter in a 2-quart baking dish, and place in the oven to melt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, 2/3 of the goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, flour, salt and pepper. Add in the diced potatoes, spinach and sausage. Mix to combine.
- Carefully remove the dish with the melted butter from the oven, then pour the egg mixture into the dish. Crumble the remaining goat cheese over the top, then carefully place back in the oven.
- Bake the strata until the eggs are set in the middle, about 50-55 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before eating.