- 1 lb potato, peeled
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 eggs
- Slice the potatoes as thin as possible and dry with a paper towel.
- Sauté potatoes and onions in olive oil over medium heat, turning frequently, until golden brown (about three minutes).
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with salt and pepper until foamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the eggs over the potatoes, cover, lower the heat, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the omelette is set and the bottom is golden brown.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, cover with the other plate, flip, and slide the omelette back into the pan, so that the cooked side is on top.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes longer.
- Cut into wedges and serve.