Oven Fried Garlic Rosemary Chicken
- 2 1⁄2lbs frying chickens, cut in individual pieces
- 3⁄4cup flour
- 1teaspoon crumbled rosemary
- 1⁄2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4cup shortening (I use olive oil)
- Wash chicken and dry.
- Combine flour, rosemary, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Turn into a large bag.
- Place all the chicken at once into the bag with the flour mix.
- Shake until all pieces are coated well.
- Melt shortening (or heat oil) in a 13X9X2 baking pan in a 400 preheated oven.
- Arrange chicken in the hot fat in the pan, skin side down.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the underside is golden brown.
- Turn chicken and bake another 30- 40 minutes until done.