- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (16-oz.) cans spicy chili beans
- 16-oz. pkg. frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4-oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups finely shredded Cheddar Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed and divided
- Garnish: chopped tomatoes and green onions
- Cook ground beef and onion in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add beans, corn, tomato sauce and seasoning mix; stir until blended. Simmer over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Pour half of beef mixture into a lightly greased 13″x9″ baking pan. Top with 1 1/2 cups each of cheese and crushed chips; top with remaining beef mixture and remaining 1 1/2 cups each of cheese and chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and green onions, if desired.