- 2 slices bacon
- 3 medium round red potatoes (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 medium red or green sweet pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked smoked andouille or sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- In a very large skillet, cook bacon till crisp. Remove bacon, reserving bacon drippings. Drain bacon on paper towels. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Add potatoes to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add sweet pepper and onion. Sprinkle with salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Cook and stir for 8 minutes more. Add sausage and corn. Cook and stir for 8 to 10 minutes more or till potatoes are tender and browned. Sprinkle with reserved crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
Total Time: 40 mins