Kale, Tortellini & Cranberry Salad
- ½ bunch kale $1.00
- 10 oz. cheese tortellini $1.65
- ¼ red onion $0.14
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries $0.50
- 2 oz. feta $0.86
- ½ cup dressing of your choice $1.16
- Pull the kale leaves from the woody stems. Bunch the torn kale pieces together tightly, then chop into thin strips. Rinse the chopped kale and let drain while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, then add the tortellini. Boil until tender (frozen tortellini will cook very quickly, dried tortellini will take longer. Usually it’s done when it begins to float). Drain the pasta in a colander and let it cool briefly (5 minutes).
- Slice the red onion as thinly as possible. Crumble the feta. Build the salad by filling a bowl with kale first, topping with the drained tortellini, then a sprinkle of feta, sliced onions, and dried cranberries. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of dressing.