Homemade Peppermint Mocha
For the Mint Syrup
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves OR 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or a combination of both)
For the Mocha
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 Nespresso Altissio espresso capsule
- whipped cream
- crushed candy canes
- Bring the water to a low boil. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the mint or peppermint extract and steep for 10-15 minutes (heat off or on low) until the syrup has good flavor to it. Remove the mint leaves and store in the refrigerator for future peppermint mochas. 🙂
- Heat the milk and unsweetened chocolate together until melted (could be in the microwave or on the stovetop).
- Prepare one espresso capsule and add the milk mixture and 2-3 tablespoons mint syrup. Top with whipped cream and candy cane pieces.