- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined frozen shrimp (any size), thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Crostini, crackers, or crudites, for serving
- Fit a large saucepan with a steamer basket, and fill with 1 inch water; cover and bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cover and cook, tossing once, until opaque throughout, 30 seconds to 4 minutes (depending on size of shrimp). Immediately transfer to a colander, and run under cold water to stop cooking. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels, then finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, parsley, and lemon zest and juice; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate shrimp dip until chilled, at least 30 minutes (and up to 2 days). Serve shrimp dip garnished with scallions, if desired, alongside crostini, crackers, or crudites.