- 3 pounds small (2-in.) waxy potatoes, such as Red Bliss or Yukon Gold
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for pan
- About 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Meyer or regular (Eureka) lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Halve potatoes and soak in cold water 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Drain potatoes and dry with a kitchen towel. Put in a large bowl with 3 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tsp. salt, and 1 tbsp. chopped thyme and mix to coat. Spread potatoes in a single layer on an oiled rimmed baking sheet, flat side down, and roast 25 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil and roast 30 more minutes, or until golden underneath.
3. Loosen from pan with a spatula and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley, lemon zest, remaining 2 tsp. thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.