- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1. Microwave potatoes on high for 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Peel and slice potatoes 1/2-inch thick; reserve.
- 2. With a sharp knife, remove peel and thick white pith from oranges; reserve juice in a bowl. Halve and slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick half moons, reserving juice. Transfer 3 tablespoons of collected juice into a bowl; whisk in vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and salt; reserve.
- 3. Spray grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high until hot. Cook potatoes until grill marks appear, turning once (3-5 minutes per batch).
- 4. In a large serving bowl, toss potatoes with chickpeas, oranges, scallions, and dressing.