- 2 flank steaks (3 1/2 to 4 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces mixed pitted brine-cured olives, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped peperoncini, plus 1/3 cup reserved juice
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley stems (from 1 small bunch)
- Let steaks sit at room temperature 1 hour. Heat grill to medium-high. Pat steaks dry. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil, and season liberally with salt and pepper. Grill 7 to 8 minutes per side (or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees) for medium-rare. Let steaks rest, loosely tented with foil, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together olives, peperoncini and their juice, parsley leaves and stems, oregano, and remaining 2/3 cup oil. Sauce can be made 1 day in advance and refrigerated; bring to room temperature before serving.
- Thinly slice steaks against the grain; arrange on a platter. Spoon half the sauce on top; serve remaining sauce on the side.