- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tender herbs (such as cilantro, chives, and/or flat-leaf parsley)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Mix butter, herbs, salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Set herb butter aside.
- Brush corn with oil and grill, turning often, until it is tender and charred in spots, 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer corn to a large platter or bowl and spread with reserved herb butter, dividing evenly.
DO AHEAD: Herb butter can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before spreading over grilled ears of corn.