- 15 bamboo skewers (6 inch)
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 4 large green onions
- 1 package (2.1 oz) refrigerated fully cooked bacon (15 pieces)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Soak skewers in water at least 30 minutes to prevent burning. Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise to make 10 (about 1-inch) pieces. Cut onions into 2-inch pieces (30 pieces total). Cut bacon slices in half crosswise.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Push 1 skewer through end of 1 bacon piece, then through middle of 1 chicken piece and back through other end of bacon piece; add 2 onion pieces, then repeat with another bacon piece and chicken piece. Place on large plate or tray. Repeat to make remaining kabobs.
- Place kabobs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 minutes. Turn kabobs; brush with half of the barbecue sauce. Cover; cook 5 minutes. Turn kabobs; brush with remaining sauce. Cover; cook about 1 minute longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center. If desired, serve with additional barbecue sauce for dipping.
Makes 15 appetizers
To bake: Heat oven to 400°F. Line large cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Make kabobs as directed; place on cookie sheet. Drizzle or brush barbecue sauce over all sides of kabobs. Bake 10 minutes. Turn kabobs. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Keep pieces of kabob at the tip of the skewer while threading to keep bacon tight.