- 14 (8-inch) wooden skewers
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 14 thick applewood-smoked bacon slices
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 250° to 300° (low) heat.
- 2. Stir together molasses and next 2 ingredients. Thread 1 bacon slice onto each skewer.
- 3. Grill bacon, covered with grill lid, 15 to 18 minutes or until bacon begins to brown, turning every 6 minutes. Baste with half of molasses mixture, using rosemary sprigs as a brush; grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes. Turn bacon, and baste with remaining molasses mixture, using rosemary sprigs. Grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from grill. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve bacon immediately.