- 2 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 bacon slices
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Add shallots to drippings in pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add beans, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; toss to combine. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Remove from heat. Sprinkle bacon over bean mixture; toss.
Note: You can cook the green beans and bacon up to two days ahead; refrigerate them separately until you’re ready to assemble the dish.