Gluten-Free Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock (* see note below)
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 cup low-fat milk (I used 1%)
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- (optional topping: chopped fresh parsley)
- In a small bowl, whisk together stock and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute one minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Pour in the stock-and-cornstarch slurry, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let cook for an additional minute or two until thickened. Then stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until the cheese is melted. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Remove from heat and use immediately.