- 1 1/2 cups sliced dried apricots (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped dried apple (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur) or apple juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- Cooking spray
- To prepare fruit mixture, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and vanilla; cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Place flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor; pulse 3 times or until combined. Add chilled butter; pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, add ice water through food chute, processing just until combined (do not form a ball). Gently press mixture into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap; cover with additional plastic wrap. Roll dough, still covered, into a 14-inch circle; freeze 5 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily removed. Remove 1 sheet of plastic wrap; fit dough into a 10-inch pie plate or quiche dish coated with cooking spray, allowing dough to extend over edge of dish. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap. Spoon fruit mixture into pastry. Fold dough over the fruit mixture, pressing gently to seal (pastry will partially cover fruit mixture). Coat dough with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until pastry is crisp (shield fruit mixture with foil if it begins to burn). Serve warm with Caramel Ice Cream.