- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 4 -6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- lemon juice, my addition, for garnish (optional)
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- Remove brown outer leaves of brussel sprouts. Cut the brussel sprouts in half. NOTE: Original recipe left brussel sprouts whole. It’s your choice to cut in half or leave whole.
- In sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the brussel sprouts and fry, stirring occasionally, until very dark brown, almost charred, but NOT burnt.
- The last minute of cooking, add the garlic and stir in to combine. Be careful not to burn the garlic!
- Season to taste with salt, white pepper and lemon juice if using. Serve warm.