Easy Sunny-Side-Up Eggs
- 1 medium or large egg*
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a small non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Crack one egg on the counter, breaking it gently into a small prep dish. Take care not to break the yolk.
- Place prepared pan over high heat on the stove and heat pan to very hot. (Do not burn the cooking spray.)
- Gently slip egg into hot pan and immediately reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking for two minutes, or until egg white turns opaque and there is no clear egg white remaining. If necessary, cover pan for a minute to help cook the egg.
- Remove pan from heat. Gently slip a spatula around the edges of the egg to make sure it is free of the pan, then tilt the pan and carefully slip the egg onto a waiting plate. Take care not to break the loose egg yolk.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired and serve immediately.
- Tip: Use a larger skillet if you want to cook more than one egg at a time. Placing too many eggs together will make the egg whites thicker, which will take longer to cook, so allow enough room for each egg to spread out.
- *Note: Because eggs cooked sunny side up are not cooked through, it is best to use pasteurized eggs. You can find pasteurized eggs in the egg aisle of your grocery store.