Easy Stromboli Recipe
- 2 ½ C. All purpose flour
- ½ C. Whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. White Sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp. Yeast
- 1 tsp. Iodized salt
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 C. Warm water (120-130)
- 3 C. Mozzarella
- 1 C. Cheddar
- ½ lb. Thinly sliced ham, or your favorite deli style meat. (my kids love pepperoni and salami)
- 4-8 Tbsp. Pizza sauce or 4 Tbsp. Butter melted and blended with 1 tblsp. garlic bread seasoning
- 4 Tbsp. Parmesan, Grated
- 1 Tbsp. Parsely Flakes
- In your standing mixer, blend 1 ½ C. All Purpose Flour, ½ C. Whole Wheat Flour, Sugar, Yeast, and Salt.
- In a seperate bowl, or Pyrex measuring cup, mix Olive oil and Water.
- With mixer on low slowly add oil and water mixture. turn mixer up to medium speed and mix until dough is well combined.
- Begin adding remaining flour, ½ C. at a time. Once combined, change to the dough hook.
- Knead with dough hook for 3-6 minutes, or until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and continue to knead for 5 more minutes by hand.
- Spray a large glass bowl with non stick spray, add dough to bowl, flipping over once in bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest 15 minutes.
- Punch down your dough and divide it into two equal pieces. Roll Each Piece out to a 13”x10” rectangle.
- Spread Pizza Sauce or Butter Garlic Sauce evenly over both rectangles of dough, leaving a ½” of dough un-sauced length wise at one end. Sprinkle the Cheese evenly, and then layer the meat evenly.
- Begin Rolling each rectangle, rolling length wise toward the un- sauced edge. Once rolled. Pinch the edge into the dough to seal. Stretch, fold, and pinch the ends to seal also.
- Place on parchment covered cookie sheet. Spray the tops of your stromboli with oil and then sprinkle the tops with Parmesan and parsley.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 Minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!