Creamy, Cheese Chicken Caesar Lasagna
- 9 whole wheat or regular lasagna noodles
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought alfredo sauce
- 2 cups creamy caesar salad dressing
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan or Italian-blend cheese
- optional: fresh basil, 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish. In a medium bowl stir together alfredo sauce and caesar dressing. Set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles al dente according to package instructions. (Do not over-cook, they will continue cooking slightly later in the oven) Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are boiling, prepare the chicken. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook chicken in a pan or skillet over medium heat 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked through, transfer to a cutting board and chop into ½-inch chunks.
- Lay three lasagna noodles side-by-side in the bottom of your prepared baking dish. Spread ⅓ of the sauce mixture on top, sprinkle with ⅓ of the chicken pieces, ½ of the red peppers, and sprinkle with ⅓ of the cheese.
- Repeat layers. (3 noodles, ⅓ of sauce, ⅓ of chicken, remaining red peppers, ⅓ of cheese)
- Finish layering your final 3 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining chicken, and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melty and sauce is heated through all layers. Top with fresh basil and tomatoes if desired and serve.