Cowboy Spaghetti Bake Recipe
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti
- Olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 jalapeño chiles, diced
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Dash salt
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño chiles
- Heat large stockpot of water to boiling. Once water is boiling vigorously, add generous dash of salt and the spaghetti. Cook about 3 minutes less than cooking time stated on box. Drain; return to stockpot. Toss spaghetti with a drizzle of olive oil; set aside.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- In deep 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towel-lined plate. Set bacon aside.
- Pour off all but 2 teaspoons bacon drippings from skillet. Add onion and diced chiles to drippings; sauté over medium heat about 2 minutes. Add beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and thoroughly cooked. Add chili powder and dash salt; stir to combine. Stir in tomatoes. Heat to a simmer. Taste sauce for salt; add more if needed. Cover; simmer 15 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Add sauce to spaghetti in stockpot; toss. Spread in baking dish. Top with cheese, green onions, pickled chiles and reserved bacon.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.