Chocolate-Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
For the filling:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 375 °. In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crust is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In another small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over bottom of prepared crust. Arrange strawberry halves, cut side down, over filling. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, drizzle fudge topping over tart. Refrigerate leftovers.