Chocolate Raspberry Friands with Rosewater Recipe
- 85g (2/3 cup) icing sugar
- 10g (1tbs plus 1 tsp) cocoa powder
- 50g (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 40g (1/3 cup) wholemeal spelt flour (or plain flour)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 70g (1/3 cup) coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 60g (2¼ oz) 70% cocoa chocolate, roughly chopped, melted and cooled
- 3 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp rosewater
- ½ cup raspberries (thawed if using frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 180 celsius (350 fahrenheit) and lightly grease a 6 cavity silicone mini loaf tray.
- Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the coconut oil, chocolate, rosewater and egg whites and stir until well combined. Finally add the raspberries and fold through the mixture. You might also like to reserve a few to stud the top of the friands.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out cleanly. Turn out onto a wire wrack to cool slightly. Serve warm.