Chocolate Brownie Cups Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 egg whites, only
- 2 cups sugar, in the raw
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly mist two 12 cup nonstick mini-muffin tins with cooking spray or use paper liners.
- Mix the applesauce, vanilla, eggwhites, and sugar until well combined in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa, espresso powder and salt.
- Stir until just combined and smooth.
- Using half the batter, fill each m uffin cup until just barely full.
- Sprinkle half of the chips evenly over the top.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the pans to a rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a knife, gently remove the bronwies from the muffin tins.
- Let cool another 10 minutes.
- Repeat with the 2nd half of the batter and remaining chips.