- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces turkey kielbasa, halved and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with onion and green peppers, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, lower-s2 (3 1/2-ounce) bags boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place chicken in an electric slow cooker.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add onion mixture, turkey kielbasa, and next 5 ingredients (through chicken broth) to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
3. Cook rice according to package directions. Add cooked rice and remaining ingredients except parsley garnish to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until shrimp are done. Garnish with parsley leaves, if desired.