- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 17 1/2ounce packageoatmeal cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 16 ounce packagefrozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 recipe Powdered Sugar Icing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
2. Place cookie mix in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 cup of the mixture for topping. Stir egg, vanilla, and almond extract into the remaining crumb mixture until combined. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. In a medium bowl stir together cherries and sugar; spoon evenly over mixture in pan. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
3. Bake about 45 minutes or until topping is golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Icing. Let stand until icing is set. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.