Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 (10 Tablespoons) cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 4 oz. white chocolate baking bar, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a saucepan cook and stir both sugar and butter over medium heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour sugar mixture into large mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Top with milk chocolate chips and cherries. Drizzle melted white chocolate over top. Let set and cut into squares.