- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 ounces cooked chicken (canned is fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring water and bouillon to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in uncooked noodles, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables and onion, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until noodles are tender and most liquid is absorbed.
- Add soup, cheese and milk, mix well.
- Stir in chicken and pepper, heat through.