Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 12 oz. medium uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I use lowfat)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions in generously salted water.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and spices listed under “Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli” in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of this olive oil spice mixture to a large bowl and toss with broccoli. Line broccoli on a large baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes at 400F degrees.
- Meanwhile, add remaining olive oil spice mixture to large bowl and toss with shrimp. After broccoli has baked 4 minutes, add shrimp to baking tray with broccoli and continue to roast an additional 6-8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and broccoli is crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in olive oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Sprinkle in flour and cook while stirring for 3 minutes, or until raw flour smell is gone, then turn heat to low. Slowly whisk in chicken broth, then milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Turn heat to medium high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Stir in spices and continue to simmer until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in Parmesan cheese until melted, followed by mozzarella cheese until melted. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in roasted broccoli and shrirmp followed by al dente pasta until well coated in sauce, adding additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and/or red pepper flakes to taste.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, fresh parsley and lemon (optional)..