Blueberry Maple Cornbread Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Spray a 12 count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray WITH flour in it, or grease and flour your pan OR you can use regular nonstick baking spray with muffin/cupcake liners.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add Dry Ingredients to a large bowl and stir until evenly combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Wet Ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Batter will seem very wet which is normal.
- Evenly divide batter between 12 muffin tins (they will fill to the top) bake for 15-20 minutes, or until edges are golden. Cool muffins in pan then remove by gently slicing around each muffin with a knife.