- 2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 pounds Salmon
- Combine garlic salt, paprika, onion powder, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper and thyme.
- Mix it together and rub mixture on both sides of fish.
- Note: I leave the skin on one side to fry. Once it is seared, I peel the skin off and add the seasoning. Frying the fish with the fat allows you to cook with virtually no oil. I just don’t serve mine with the skin on.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add fish.
- Cook 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.