- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark-brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 4 small Basic Crepes
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream
- Warm butter and sugar in a saute pan over medium heat until butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Add bananas, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and vanilla, and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Add rum. Return to heat. If using a gas stove, tip pan away from you carefully until the vapors from the rum ignite. (Or light with a long match.) Cook until flames stop, about 1 minute. Divide bananas among crepes; reserve sauce in pan.
- Fold each crepe in half, then fold in half again. Drizzle crepes with reserved sauce, and top with creme fraiche or ice cream. Serve immediately.