- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and then coarsely crumble.
- Plug in an electric waffle iron to preheat.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; whisk together to blend.
- Pour milk in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute at full power to heat slightly. Pour into medium bowl; whisk in melted butter and eggs. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, whisking just until blended.
- Grease waffle iron with cooking spray. Spread about 1/3 cup batter over each iron (or appropriate amount according to manufacturer’s directions) and sprinkle 1/8 of bacon on top. Close waffle iron and cook until done. Repeat with remaining batter and bacon. Serve with warm syrup if desired.