- 12 ounces dried linguine or thin spaghetti
- 5 pieces thick-sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, shredded (2 oz.)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley or basil
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- Shredded Asiago cheese (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan; keep warm. Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; discard remaining drippings. Add wine, garlic and crushed red pepper to drippings in skillet. Return to heat. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; boil gently, uncovered, 3 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in red sweet pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs and half-and-half. Add egg mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until egg mixture coats a metal spoon (160 degrees F). Do not scramble.
- Add egg mixture to pasta along with bacon, spinach, the 1/2 cup Asiago, and parsley. Cook over medium heat 1 minute just to heat through, tossing with tongs to combine. Add reserved pasta cooking liquid to pasta mixture as needed to make creamy. Top with hard-cooked egg, additional Asiago, and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Total Time: 35 mins