Asparagus & Gruyere Tart
- Flour, for work surface
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- ¼ cup honey dijon mustard
- 5½ ounces (2 cups) Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1½ pounds medium or thick asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16 x 10 inch rectangle. Trim uneven ends. Place pastry on a baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch from the edge to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at ½-inch intervals. Bake until golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven, brush with honey dijon, and sprinkle with Gruyere. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus to fit crosswise inside the tart shell; arrange in a single layer over Gruyere, alternating ends and tips.
- Brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender; 18-20 minutes